Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A different Botero .


This summer it is dedicated to Botero , as the National Gallery and the Concert Hall exchibit his fine work .I saw his paints only by coffe -table books and believe me it is not enough...
I went to the National Gallery and I found his whimsical depiction of rotund people , the caracteristic of his paints that gives them a pleasant comic quality.But I found something else , something different , I saw a Botero with a radical change I am talking about his latest series of 50 drawings and paintings depicting the torture of Iraqi prisoners at Abu Ghraib (second photo ) and I was socked.
His work is very powerfull don't miss !
 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos and illustrations...you should show us his new iraq sketches...i'm sure that's interesting!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 1:46:00 AM  
Blogger selana18 said...

Many thanks anne ,
The second photo has some of his iraq paints -It is forbidden to
take photos more closer and it was very difficult to shot his sketches.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:11:00 AM  
Blogger Kala said...

HI Selena18 - I'm surprised and grateful you were even able to get this photo - I've actually tried to photograph stuff in galleries but I guess its not permitted in general - his artwork is quite distinctive and I like the accented roundish figures - the human body should be reflected in art in all its wonderful shapes and sizes - Hopefully, he work will be displayed here one day.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 4:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home